Saturday 24 January 2015

Cold brew chocolate coffee

There seems to be a trend in the food/drink world at the moment for cold brewed coffee, I've seen adverts on social media and in magazines for expensive little bottles of the stuff. I thought I'd try and make some myself and save a little money in the process. The principal is easy enough, put some ground coffee in a cafetiere, fill it up with cold water and leave it in the fridge for a few days. I decided it sounded too easy so I added some cocoa nibs to see if I could make a chocolate flavored coffee. 
After 3 days i took it out of the fridge and pushed down the plunger and let me tell you its a treat, smooth and full of flavor with a slight chocolate after taste. Its great i can't wait to make some more.



Ingredients
2 tablespoons ground coffee 
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
100ml cold water

1. Take all the ingredients and place then into a cafetiere, pop it in the fridge and leave it for at least two days (no longer than 4)
2. Take it out of the fridge push down the plunger slowly and you ready to pour it over ice in your favorite glass.

I put a splash of almond milk in the top, but it's completely optional.

So there you have it simple cold brew coffee that won't cost you the earth and its damn tasty too. If you give this a try let me know what you think via Twitter, Instagram or in the comments below and until next time i hope you enjoy your coffee.