Tuesday 13 January 2015

Peanut Butter Bundt Cake


Hi, so I've been at it again - baking, that is - and this time it's something I thought was going to take ages to master: CAKE!!! Hopefully this one isn't just beginners luck because it turned out great.


After doing a little research online, I set about making this lovely little bundt cake, it's got a really nice crisp outside and a moist center, if you fed it to your non-vegan friends they wouldn't know it was vegan, I swear. 


This cake is the first vegan cake I've made that didn't contain some kind of fruit. In the past I successfully made banana cake, banana bread and banana muffins and they were all big hits with everyone that tried them. Hopefully this one will go down just as well. I think a marble cake is on the cards next, orange and chocolate anyone? (Look out for this one in the future).

I used Meridian Smooth peanut butter for this recipe, I would seriously recommend you go out and get some if you don't have any already. You can buy a massive 1kg tub from Holland & Barrett. It contains 100% peanuts, no palm oil or salt is added, so its about as natural as peanut butter gets and has a great flavor when used in baked goods. I used it in my skillet cookie recipe and that was awesome too. But I digress, back to the bundt.

You're going to need two things for this that you might not have already, An egg replacer such as Orgran No Egg and a bundt tin (I got mine at my local Home Bargains for £1.99). If you don't want to shell out on a bundt tin you can use a 10 inch high sided cake pan instead.













Peanut Butter Bundt Cake

Recipe by Andrew Donaldson
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 Cake

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Pure Soya Spread/ Vegan Spread
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 3 eggs worth of Egg Replacer* made up with Almond Milk
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 tbsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tbsp Baking Soda
Cooking Directions
  1. Add the soya spread and peanut butter to a bowl with the sugar and mix until light and creamy.
  2. Add the egg replacer and the almond milk and mix until the mixture is loose and shiny.
  3. Pour in all the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
  4. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/400f and grease and flour your bundt tin.
  5. Pour in the mix and leave to settle flat, then place onto the middle shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
  6. Once cooked leave to cool for about 5 minutes then remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack.
  7. When fully cool dust with icing sugar and enjoy a slice with a cup of tea, delicious.
*All egg replacers will differ, I used Orgran No Egg and used 3 tsp of no egg and 6 tbpn of almond milk.

Please let me know what you think of the recipe and if you get round to making the cake leave me a comment below, I'd love to hear your feedback.