Sunday 12 April 2015

My Vegan Birthday Haul

Hi, if you're a regular reader you will know I haven't blogged about anything at all in quite some time.
My personal life kind of got in the way for a while there, but now I'm back and ready to tell you all about some great products I picked up over the easter weekend.

So Good Friday was my 29th birthday, the older I get the more I try to look after my skin, so unlike 21 year old Andrew who would have spent any birthday money he had on CDs and alcohol, I went out and bought myself some cosmetics. #olderandwiser 


Along with the things I bought I was given a few other things that I will tell you about below. 


So let's start off with some of the things I bought from Lush, firstly I'd like to say how much I love Lush. Clear labels for vegan products and such a good mens range they get a HUGE! thumbs up from me. If you're looking for something new I would recommend popping into Lush and checking out what they have to offer. 

Firstly I picked up a tub of Kalamazoo beard and facial wash, this is a great little creamy cleanser that after using for the first time left my face feeling refreshed and my facial hair free from any oil and wax I added during the day. On Emily's recommendation I have been using this at night and I can't tell you enough how good this product is. If your a bearded fellow go and grab a pot and treat your beard to some pineapple infused goodness. 


Whilst I was in lush I picked up the Veerappan mustache wax, since growing a mustache I have found that I am fighting a constant battle, my facial hair grows in about 12 different directions. I picked this hoping it would fix this problem. So far I'm impressed, although the wax is very hard to get out of the tin to start with ( I had to scrape it out with my nail) once it's heated up in your fingers its great. You can shape your tash and tame those fly away hairs, another product I would highly recommend. 





Next I stopped by Space NK and picked up some hand cream. I bought the Grown Alchemist Vanilla & Orange Peel Hand Cream and so far it's doing a great job. It's great for using after washing dishes, I wash dishes a lot as I cook a lot of meals (and use every pan and utensil when doing so). I also wash my hands a lot at work and find that the soap dries my hands a lot. This product is very moisturising and won't leave you with greasy hands, if you're looking for a good vegan hand cream go and grab a tube, you can thank me later.





I received two other things from Space NK as gifts from Emily, the first being one of the things I find it hard to live/sleep without , This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. If you have trouble sleeping I seriously recommend you buy some of this magic liquid. I was skeptical at first, but the first night I used it I slept like a log. It is scented with lavender, camomile and vetiver and smells really nice unlike some other sleep sprays I have smelled. A few sprays of this and I'm out like a light. Great if you suffer from sleepless nights. They also make a balm which you apply to pressure points but contains beeswax so isn't vegan.



Along with the sleep spray I was lucky to receive a bottle of Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Cleanser,I have had my eye on this for about six months and recently our local Space NK started to stock it. Emily being the wonderful fiancĂ©e she is bought me a bottle. I have used it every morning for a week and I love it. The scent reminds me of Ren Rosa Centifolia (another great product which Emily bought me at Christmas). This cleanser doesn't foam up a lot which I like as I find foaming products dry my skin too much. It smells really nice which is a bonus. Another bonus is it cleans my facial hair nicely so if you're looking for a good all round facial cleaner you couldn't go far wrong with this one. I love both Grown Alchemist products I'm using at the moment and I can't wait to try some more. 


And thats about it for my little birthday haul. I hope you have found this post interesting, I'd really appreciate some feedback on this kind of post as it's my first time writing something like this. So as normal check out instagram, facebook and twitter or comment below. Thanks.