Thursday 11 June 2015

Washed Out Soap Co Review

Hey guys, you might remember me saying in my last post that I bought a lot of stuff at Sunday's North East Vegan Festival, two of the many things I bought were from Washed Out Soap Co. The company started as a cold processed soap company back in 2014. They are based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and are now branching out into Body Butters. I bought one of the new products on Sunday. I got a jar of Basic Blended Body Butter and a bar of Salt of the Earth Soap. I got both in a deal exclusive to NEVFEST and they only cost me £10, a price I think is extremely reasonable for an small batch artisan product.



So let's get down to the products, firstly I'd like to say that I have been using the Barista soap once a week for a couple of months now (i find that i only need that kind of exfoliation once a week), it has coffee grounds in it which gives good exfoliation and the blend of oils and butters add moisture to the skin. So as I already had the Barista I went for Salt of the Earth which also offers exfoliation in the form of Himalayan Sea Salt, this bar is unscented and perfect for use before other body products as you don't get any crossing of scents. The soap also has Kaolin Clay which is great for cleansing and detoxifying the skin. 


Now onto the Basic Body Butter, I'm not the kind of guy that usually uses a body butter, but as I'm getting older I'm trying to look after myself a little better and keeping my skin in good condition is high up on my list of priorities, this body butter is unscented which again is great if you want to wear after shave/perfume after use. It's solid in the jar unlike more commercial body butters, but with a little heat from your hands it melts into a rich oil that soaks really well into the skin. It's super moisturizing and leaves the skin feeling fantastic. It says on the jar that you can use it in your hair. I haven't tried it yet as I was hoping to get a hair cut after I showered but I'll try it next time I wash my hair. 

After using these products I think both are fantastic and I'll be keeping my eyes on Washed Out Soap Co for whatever they do next.

All in all I'd encourage anyone who reads this to check out what these guys are doing and support them anyway you can. 

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think of this post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or in the comments below.

P.S. If your after some Washed Out Soap its now available in the Farplace charity shop on Clayton Street in Newcastle alongside a whole host of local vegan treats such as Tyne Chease and Essy and Bella

No comments: