Sunday 26 April 2015

NEveggie Vegan Protein Blend

Hey guys, I started thinking about protein recently, I get a lot of protein from my meals along with healthy fats and carbs.
As you will have seen in the blog I eat a lot of good plant based protein but I still feel that I'm struggling to keep on weight and I don't even exercise, I know for some people this would be a dream, for me it's abit of a nightmare. 

I just want to be a healthy weight and as the weather gets nicer I want to start running again (something I haven't done all winter).
So I started thinking about how I could increase my protein and fat intake but remain healthy. I already had a few uflavoured protein powders which I use regularly in smoothies and protein bars but I need a nice tasting healthy protein powder for shakes on the go.

I picked up a pretty handy little shaker from Primark which has two add on bits at the bottom for powder and I what I am going to use for snacks, then I thought about the type of protein powder I wanted to use and I hit a wall. 
The price of flavoured complete protein powder is upward of £30 which I just can't justify. I then thought why not try and make some protein powder myself. 

I went for a chocolate banana flavour mainly because I had cocoa powder and organic banana powder in the cupboard. 
For a homemade first try it tastes pretty good. 





Ingridients 
4 tbsp soya protein powder
1 tbsp pea protein powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
1 tbsp banana powder

Method

Add all the basic Ingridients to a fliptop tip jar and mix. 

You can add this to porridge, cakes, protein balls or pop a tablespoon in a blender with two bananas, a tablespoon of peanut butter and 250ml of dairy free milk for a chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie that would make a great breakfast.

If you make this let me know what you use it for. 

Enjoy!

No comments: